Libertarianism has a funny way of shedding light on an entirely different chain of reasoning than that which most people see. While (they see) the gun ban as an act of peace, (we see) it as the most dangerous gang of people on earth violently disarming hundreds of thousands of innocent people.Esto siempre termina con muchos buenos muertos.
Angelo Mike: The present peace movement
Update:
Unarmed and Vulnerable
(Hat tip: Instapundit)
It was at this time that I realized that I had no viable means of protecting myself.
Please realize that I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun in the commonwealth of Virginia, and do so on a regular basis. However, because I am a Virginia Tech student, I am prohibited from carrying at school because of Virginia Tech's student policy, which makes possession of a handgun an expellable offense, but not a prosecutable crime.
I had entrusted my safety, and the safety of others to the police. In light of this, there are a few things I wish to point out.
First, I never want to have my safety fully in the hands of anyone else, including the police.
Second, I considered bringing my gun with me to campus, but did not due to the obvious risk of losing my graduate career, which is ridiculous because had I been shot and killed, there would have been no graduate career for me anyway.
Third, and most important, I am trained and able to carry a concealed handgun almost anywhere in Virginia and other states that have reciprocity with Virginia, but cannot carry where I spend more time than anywhere else because, somehow, I become a threat to others when I cross from the town of Blacksburg onto Virginia Tech's campus.
Of all of the emotions and thoughts that were running through my head that morning, the most overwhelming one was of helplessness.
That feeling of helplessness has been difficult to reconcile because I knew I would have been safer with a proper means to defend myself.


2 comentarios:
La UNR desterró a la guardia de Gendarmería, por considerarla "represiva". Hoy la guardia de la Siberia está desarmada.
Como hubiera cambiado la historia si uno o 2 tenían su arma encima. Es llamativo, nadie duda que la constitución sea la norma de mayor jerarquía, y sin embargo la reglamentación que se hace de los derechos que de allí emanan prácticamente los anula.
En los edificios de la UBA tampoco puede entrar la policia, por eso suelen tener contratada su propia seguridad...como la debía tener el Virginia tech.
Publicar un comentario